Registered Physical Therapists provide services that include:
- Initial and ongoing health evaluations related to: motor dysfunctions, muscle strength, endurance, mobility, walking ability, range of motion, and joint disorders.
- Building strength and improving mobility.
- Reducing muscle tremors, spasticity, and joint stiffness.
- Use of medical equipment, i.e. walker, cane, lifts.
- Use of prosthetic devices, i.e supportive orthotics.
- Proper body mechanics to reduce risk of injury and pain.
- Ultrasound, heat therapy, and massage to reduce pain.
- Exercise programs designed for individuals’ homes.
- Transfer techniques, ambulation, and performing daily activities and grooming.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, this document is available in alternate formats such as Braille, large print, audio recordings, Web-based communications and other electronic formats. To request an alternate format, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (507) 252 – 4619 or (507) 272-6189 (TTY) to arrange for the alternative format.